Bluetooth Mouse not working – How to fix it?
Bluetooth Mouse not working – How to fix it?
Bluetooth mouse not working windows 10
The mouse which has crossed the issues with cable attached, got new features like movable is the Bluetooth mouse. This requires charging and Bluetooth connection for working. This advancement is great alternative for laptop touchpad.
The most common problems related to this Bluetooth mouse are:
- Bluetooth driver not updated over a period of time.
- Issue with power and Sleep settings.
- Bluetooth service not working in your operating system.
- Issue with Bluetooth Mouse frequency
- Bugs due to updating the system or any apps.
- Power management options need to changed
- Issues with Bluetooth signals
- Windows not updated.
Step–by–step solutions to the above problems are given below:
The first one is to update your Bluetooth driver. This is very important as this device manager has to work along with your system update. To update your Bluetooth driver, follow the below procedure:
- Firstly, go to the search and type device manager and open the device manager.
- Next you will have to search for Bluetooth mouse and then right click on that and choose the update driver.
- After updating restart your device. If the issue is solved then try the next method.
The next method is to rest the Bluetooth mouse as resetting to defaults might make your mouse work. For that follow the below steps:
- Firstly, you will have to go to the control panel and choose the Bluetooth devices under the Hardware and devices section
- After that you will have to select the Bluetooth mouse and click on remove button to remove it from the list.
- Next, you will have to add you Bluetooth mouse. Then reset by clicking on “My device is set up and ready to be found checkbox”.
- Now, there is a hindrance that your device might not be visible, in such cases try again.
The third method is to check the Power and sleep settings of your operating system as changes in these might affect the Bluetooth connections. Follow the below procedure to ensure the issue is solved in this step.
- Firstly, you will have to open the settings app or tab based on your system then choose the system.
- After that, you will have to select the power and sleep and then deselect on the battery power and on the stay connected to Wi-Fi while in sleep.
- Now, try to restart the device and see if the Bluetooth mouse is working or Wireless mouse not working.
The fourth solution is to try to change the signal strength of Bluetooth. Sometimes the signal might be low resulting to not be connected completely leading to issues. To solve you will have to follow the below procedure:
- Firstly, once check if you’re another Bluetooth devices are nearby Bluetooth mouse. If yes then maintain a proper distance to avoid the signal clash.
- Second, suppose your keyboard is connected with the wire then ensure you place your Bluetooth mouse closer to the transceiver.
- Now, restart your system and check if the issue has been solved.
The fifth method is by checking if your laptop’s Bluetooth service is running properly or not. To check this, follow the below steps:
- Firstly, you will have to click the Windows key +R to open the run command dialog box.
- Now, in the command box enter this “services.msc” and then click enter.
- The above will step will open the Bluetooth support service and then check all the settings if anything found out of order change it. Or set everything default settings and exit the dialogue box.
- Next, restart your device. Now checked if the problem is solved.
The sixth method is to troubleshoot the system settings and see if the issue the solved. This method is simple and effective.
Firstly, open the settings dialog box and then choose the update & security and then click on troubleshoot which is available on the left pane. Now, click on the run the troubleshooter which is present below the Bluetooth icon. After the procedure is finished. then close it and then check if the issue is solved. Every time ensures that your device is available.
The seventh method is to update the windows. Generally this is rare but sometimes along with the general updates many drivers also get installed for Bluetooth devices. Hence, check if the Windows updates have not done any changes to your Bluetooth drives.
This eighth method is very rare but can solve the issue if none of the above methods have worked. Follow the below steps:
- Firstly, you will have to press the Windows key and ‘R’ together and then in the run dialog box.
- You will have to type ‘services.msc’ and then press enter.
- Now, in the new dialog box you will have to select the Bluetooth support service. Then click on start and ensure the process is completed to solve the issue.
If the issue is not solved then all you have to do is to restore the previous versions of drivers to make your Bluetooth mouse work properly. Ensure you have opened the device manager and then in the list of Bluetooth devices right click on the Bluetooth mouse. Then choose the Rollback driver option which is located in the driver tab. Lastly, follow the nest steps. and then click finish and then restart the system. Bluetooth mouse not working issue is solved.
Above all are the methods to solve the issues with the Bluetooth mouse. If none of the above methods work then try this final method which is to install the Restore PC repair tool. Follow the guidelines or contact the service center for help.