How to Fix Avast Not Opening?
How to Fix Avast Not Opening?
Todays’ topic mainly deals with the Avast not opening issue. So, let us look at the causes of Avast won’t open first. There are many antivirus programs available on the Internet and we really can’t say which one is the best because some offer better Internet security while others offer system security. In this article, we are going to discuss the problem which users are facing in Avast antivirus. Now avast is one of the most used antivirus worldwide to take care of viruses and security. If you are facing problems in this program then we can help you fix Avast not opening.
We have seen many people reporting about Avast Background Service Not Running problem on their official forum but there was no proper solution provided by the company so in this guide we will show you how to fix Avast Won’t Open and other background services issues in detail.
Causes of Avast Not Opening on Windows 10
- Broken Avast installation – Avast installation may have gone corrupt due to many different things but, luckily, Avast has provided several things you can do to resolve the problem such as repairing it or performing a clean install.
- Avast Antivirus service not running properly – If there are problems with its main service, you can simply restart it and check to see if the problem is resolved.
Fixing Avast Won’t Open Windows 10 Error
We are going to list down a few solutions for you which you need to follow thoroughly. So let’s start this guide without wasting up more time on discussing the problems.
Method 1: Windows 10 Action Center is not Recognising Avast Software
As we discussed above in this article the Windows Defender or Action Center always tries to check any third party program when you try to install it on your system and if it finds something wrong then it will block the software and it might end up having background running issues. In this method, we will show you how you can fix the avast not opening.
- From the taskbar of your Windows, right-click on Avast icon and select Avast Shields control.
- It will open a sub-menu where you have to disable the antivirus program for 10 minutes.
- Again, right-click on that Avast icon from the Windows taskbar and enable it this time.
- Now we think this disabling and enabling of Avast protect will let Windows recognize the antivirus software.
- If the issue still remains the same then open up Command Prompt(Admin) by pressing the Windows + X button.
- Inside prompt, you have to type this following command.
- Winmgmt / verifyrepository
- If you get WMI repository is inconsistent -problems detected on your Command Prompt screen then enter this command to salvage your repository.
- Winmgmt / salvagerepository
- If you get WMI repository is consistent -no problems detected on your screen then type this command to reset your repository.
- Winmgmt / resetrepository
- So finally it will reset your repository. Now all you need to do is restart your system to make sure all the changes get executed.
Method 2: Run AvastEmUpdate.exe or Update Avast
The above method didn’t work for you? We know how annoying it is, maybe there is a problem with the software itself and in this method, we will try to update it to the latest version of it. We don’t update our antivirus on a regular basis then it might stop avast from working.
- Open Windows Explorer and follow this path to get into the installation folder of your Antivirus software.
- C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\
- In this folder, you have to locate the AvastEmUpdate.exe file and run it as administrator.
- Click on the Update button and It will start downloading the update and install it automatically.
- Once the process completes, reboot your system and it will start the software on startup.
Method 3: Set Avast Startup type to Automatic
If your Avast not opening start then in this method, we are going to set Avast services to start on Windows boot and we will also set it on priority with administrator privileges which will force the software to launch.
- Press Windows + R button and type Services.msc and hit enter from your keyboard.
- It will open the Windows Service Manager where you will find the list of all the Services which are currently installed and running on your system live.
- Find Avast Antivirus service and right-click on it.
- Select Properties and set Startup Type: Automatic as shown in this image.
- Reboot your system to make sure changes are done successfully.
Method 4: Repair Avast Won’t Open Issue From Control Panel
- Press Windows + R button and type Control to open Windows Control Panel on your system.
- Click on Uninstall a Program from control panel menu.
- Search for Avast Antivirus.
- Select the program and then click on the Repair button.
- Once the process completes, Reboot the PC to check if there still problems or not.
- If your Antivirus is still acting weird on your system then we will suggest you Re-install the whole software again on your PC.
So, these were the fix avast not opening an issue on windows PC. So, if you are facing the same issue then go for following the above-mentioned methods and steps.